Since adoption isn’t the norm we get lots of questions. Often we get the same question, but someone new is asking. Not a problem, but just in case there is something you are dying to know and may have forgotten to ask, I created this section so you can find answers. The questions link to posts in the blog where I addressed the questions, so click it and you will be redirected. To get back again, just click on this page and select the next question. If there is something you think we should add to this section, feel free to ask.
4. Are you open to siblings? Boy or girl?
5. What will the baby “look like”?
6. What languages are spoken in Ethiopia?
7. How old will the baby be when you get the referral & when you travel?
8. What does it mean to get a referral?
9. Will the baby be healthy?
10. What are your thoughts about parenting a black child as white parents?
11. Will you meet the birth family?
12. How do you plan on incorporating Ethiopian culture into your child’s life?
13. Where in Ethiopia will the baby be from?
14. Are there any good books I can read to learn more about adopting an Ethiopian child?
15. Why are there children in Ethiopia that are available for international adoption?